Walkathon Fundraising Tips
Walkathons are a great way to have supporters raise funds for you with peer-to-peer fundraising pages. We asked clients using our walkathon platform for some tips on how to engage team captains and individual walkers.
1. Use an email marketing tool like Constant Contact or Mail Chimp to stay in touch with participants. Have a segmented list so you can contact just team captains or individual walkers.
2. Pick up the phone! Call team captains from previous 2-3 years and ask them to create a team again. A relationship with team captains is critical to success. Get to know them and establish a personal connection.
3. Set a fundraising goal for each individual walker and then multiply it by team members to get team goal. It will depend on each organization's goals but our client encourages a $100 per walker goal.
4. Ask team captains to encourage their team members to reach the fundraising goal. Followup is key. Don't be afraid to ask more than once.
5. Encourage team captains and individuals to contact local businesses to be an event sponsor. Sponsorships secured by teams count toward their overall goal.
6. Have a prize for the top fundraising team and encourage some friendly competition.
CharityWeb's online fundraising platform includes access to our Event-a-Thon platform that can be used for walkathons and other large events. Teams and individuals create peer-to-peer fundraising pages and email to friends and family to raise funds for your orgniazation.